We’ve put this list together based on personal experience, as well as many similar lists found all over the internet. Every list seems to be different! It is by no means complete, and not every item is a requirement. You may even want to designate one person to bring one item, such as a first aid kit, for your entire group.
PS – This is obviously not a daily use list! This is an extensive list for Competitions and Recitals. We’ll be posting a much more reasonable studio list soon!
- Costumes! Don’t laugh, they’ve been forgotten before!
- Costume Accessories – Head/Arm/Leg Pieces and Individual Props
- Dance Shoes – again, don’t laugh! We’ve had dancers show up shoeless.
- Extra Tights
- Extra Extra Tights!
- Tennis Shoes
- Company Uniform – All of it!
- Mini Sewing Kit – Includes needles, safety pins, scissors
- Thread that matches all costumes
- Static Guard
- Lint Brush
- Hot-glue or Superglue
- Double Sided Tape
- Body Adhesive
- Spare Clear and Tan Bra Straps
- Tide “To Go” stick
- Shoe Polish in the color of your shoes (Tan, Black, etc)
Make Up – look as determined by instructor.
All dance makeup products should be water-resistant, highly pigmented, and long-lasting
- Foundation & any application tools (sponge, foundation brush, etc)
- Eye Shadow
- Eye Liner
- Pressed Powder
- Lip Liner & Lipstick
- 2 Pair false lashes
- Eyelash Adhesive
- Makeup Brushes – lip, thin eyeliner, shadow brushes, blush, powder, brow and any other specialty brushes you use
- Makeup Sponges
- Glitter (Face/Body) as needed for your costume(s)
- Combs & Brushes
- Hair Bands
- Hair Nets
- Hair Spray
- Hair Gel
- Bobby pins and Hair pins
- Hair Pieces
- Spray Bottle with Water
- Hair Dryer/Curling Iron, Flat Iron, etc (if necessary)
- All required hair pieces/hair jewelry/hair glitter
- Baby Wipes
- Clear Nail Polish
- Nail Polish Remover
- Cotton Balls & Pads
- Make Up Remover/Remover Wipes
- Nail Clippers/Nail Files
- Razor and Shaving Cream (or Electric Razor, just in case someone forgot to shave)
- Baby Powder (non-talc)
- Children and Adult Tylenol/Advil /Aleve
- Clear Band-Aids
- Icy Hot
- Instant Ice Packs
- Ace Bandage
- Sports Cloth Tape
- Money (for a program, food, photos, videos, etc)
- Toys/Coloring Books/Other age appropriate entertainment
- Pens, highlighters, sharpies
- Flip Flops
- GameBoy or other handheld game options
- Chargers for all your gadgets
- Mesh Bag for Dirty/Wet Clothes
Food/Drink – if allowed, try to find out ahead of time
- Water Bottles
- Juice Boxes
- Granola/Energy/Protein Bars
- Fruit – try apples & cheese
- Veggies – try celery & peanut butter
- Mozzarella cheese sticks & crackers
- Trail Mix – No chocolate!
- Raisins and Other Dried Fruits
- Shoe fitting for younger students (under 12), allow ½ size for growth.
Pointe shoes must fit the foot exactly to be safe and functional.
- Toe pads
- inserts (orthotics)
- Deodorizers (such as Bounce)
- Spare Shoe Laces
- Spare Elastic and Ribbons
- Spare Screws