Mrs. P’s Dance is holding auditions for the 2019 – 2020 Broadway Dancers
We have a spot just for you!
Auditions are being held Thursday, May 30th
Ages 12 & Up @ 5PM
Ages 11 & Under @ 6PM
All dance styles welcome! In the last few years we have had Dance Company, Musical Theatre Company, Tap Company, and Acro Company! We don’t believe in limiting your potential – you shouldn’t either!
The sign up sheet it on the Company bulletin board in the studio.
Our very own Broadway Dancers (ages 5 – 19) have competed in three different local competitions this season and performed on stage at Our Town America, Coral Springs. They have consistently brought home judges awards, high scores, and top overall placements and had fun doing it all year long. They have received multiple invitations to New York and Chicago for various Summer Intensives. It has truly been a pleasure to watch our competition dancers bond this year and we hope to include your dancer next season!
In addition to new competitions, we have more fun performances and classes in the works for next year – We’re even looking into performing at Disney! Trust me, you don’t want to miss out!
This is your invitation! We want you to audition! The Sign Up Sheet is hanging on the bulletin board in the studio. Sign Up Today!
What you need to Audition
- Please be prepared to perform 60 seconds of an original routine to music of your choice. Don’t forget your music! We can use a CD or line in your iPod/phone.
- Please be prepared to sing a few lines of a song of your choice (not Happy Birthday or Nursery Rhymes). Practice in the morning so your vocal chords are warmed up!
- Please bring a current dance resume and 8×10 head shot. You can see a sample resume here (that was just from a quick search for “dance student resume sample” and is not a required format).
- Don’t forget your smile!
1. A strong area may compensate for a weaker one. Don’t be discouraged if your qualifications are different from our requirements.
2. Personality, overall appearance, and stage presence are of the utmost importance! Remember to look up and smile 🙂
3. You are performing! Not merely demonstrating technical ability.
4. The only way of not making company is not trying.