- Students should plan to arrive five minutes before class begins, dressed in the appropriate attire.
- Please have a dedicated pair of clean shoes for participation at Mrs P’s. Please change your shoes upon entering and leaving the studio.
- Never wear your dance shoes outside. Not only is it damaging to the shoes, it also tracks dirt and debris into the dance room and onto dance floor. It is important we keep the dance floor clean and sanitary.
- Mrs P’s is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items. Clearly mark all of your dance shoes & personal belongings. Please use the cubbies for storing your shoes and personal items.
- Combo I, Combo II, & Combo III Parents – Please helps your child change their shoes mid-class and make sure their belongings make it back into their dance bag.
- No cell phones, keys, street shoes, clothing, food, etc. should be placed on any dance floors, please use the cubbies for storage.
- For respect and courtesy to the studio, please no hands or feet on any of the mirrors or walls.
- Please keep all food in the lounge area.
- No gum is allowed on the dance floors. Please dispose of this before class.
- Please do not open studio doors while a class is in progress.
- Dispose of trash in the trash bins.
- Please keep the dressing rooms, lobby, hallways, and sitting areas clean and tidy.
- Dance students should have hair pulled back into a pony tail or a bun for classes.
- Dancers are to be picked up promptly following class inside the studio.
- No smoking is allowed inside the studio.
Dance students are placed in class according to their age, ability, and experience. One or all may apply when placing the dancers in an appropriate class level.
All of our classes are independent classes, meaning that the students enter the studio without parents to be able to fully engage with the instructor. All of our studios have viewing windows and we invite you to stay and observe your child’s class. This assures parents that students are getting a great dance education at Mrs P’s without distracting students by having visitors.
As noted above, we do request that all Combo parents help their children change their shoes mid-class. This helps speed this process up as well as ensures your child’s shoes make it back into their dance bag.
Click here to see the dress code for each dance class.
For your convenience, the class tuition is divided into ten monthly payments (August – May). The first month’s payment is due at the time of enrollment. The remaining payments are due on the first of the month. Late fees are assessed on the 11th of each month. There are no credits or make-ups for classes missed.
A late fee of $25 or 1.5%/month (whichever is greater) will be charged on all bills in arrears 10 days or more.
- one 60 minute class per week: $74/month
- each additional 60 minute class: $67/month
- one 90 minute class per week: $111/mo
- each additional 90 minute class: $104
- unlimited classes for $385/month – this is great if you are taking 5.5 hours of instruction or more
- private lessons $55/½ hour minimum
- Returned check fee: $25
- Late fee (after 10th of the month): $25
- Special sessions charged accordingly
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, cash, and check made payable to “Mrs P’s.” If a check is returned to Mrs P’s due to insufficient funds, payment to cover the check amount plus a $25.00 returned check fee, will be required with a money order, cashiers check, or cash within 3 days of notification. If it happens more than once future payments must be remitted either by credit card, money order, or in cash.
If there is an overdue balance, the balance will be due before classes can be resumed. If a balance is left unpaid, participation will not be allowed until the balance is paid in full.
Mrs P’s has a yearly $50 registration fee.
Registration fee discounts are available to students re-registering for the new season at the end of the current season.
We welcome new dancers throughout our entire season.
We reserve a limited number of spaces in each dance class, therefore once you enroll, your tuition is non-refundable.
Refunds are given only under the following circumstances. Refunds will be pro-rated from the date of notification. If tuition is refunded for any reason, there is a $25 processing fee.
- written notice from doctor due to long-term illness or injury
- participant moves out of town
- we are unable to place a participant in a class
We end each season with our fully-staged, professional Recital at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts. This is an exciting and rewarding part of the season that everyone looks forward to! All dancers are required to participate. Please read the information below to help you be prepared. Please note that technique classes such as leaps and turns and ballet barre classes do not perform in the recital. A dress rehearsal for the recital is held the day before recital for all performers. See our recital guide here. (will link to recital guide)
All students are expected to participate in our recital. Recital fees made be paid in full or partial payments made on account up until their posted due date, generally mid-October.
- $230/class/student first recital fee
- $180/class/student each additional recital fee.
Recital Fee will include:
- two tickets to recital – first recital fee only
- one ticket – each additional recital fee
- one costume, which is yours to keep
- class picture in program (handed out at recital)
- participation in all rehearsals & recital
- one show DVD – first recital fee only
Additional tickets will be available on ticket pick up day. Additional DVD’s are available for purchase.
Our recital is held at Coral Springs Center of the Arts at the conclusion of our season in June. Additional tickets are available for purchase at the time of pick up.
Note: Recital fee is refundable up to October 06, 2017. Costumes will only be ordered for those students whose fees have been paid in full. Late fees will be charged.
While we have ample parking in front of Mrs P’s, if needed, overflow parking is available behind the studio.
Guests and family are welcome to wait in the studio lobby or lounge during and between classes. Young children in the lobby must have a parent or guardian with them.
In the event that the Broward County Schools cancels classes due to the weather, Mrs P’s will cancel all classes for the evening. Class cancellations will be posted on Facebook and posted on the front page of our website.
Please notify us via telephone or e-mail if a participant will be absent from a dance class so that we can notify the instructor. If you miss a dance class you will be responsible for payment for that lesson. There are no refunds for dropped or missed classes.
Mrs P’s will be closed in observance of the following holidays: Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Spring Break, and Memorial Day. While we do follow the Broward County School Calendar, Mrs P’s is not closed for teacher’s meetings, exams, President’s Day, or other school holidays.
There may be unforeseen situations when a class will be cancelled. We will try to notify the parent or participant via email as far in advance as possible. Dance classes canceled by Mrs P’s will be made up at later date.
We work hard to make the dance experience organized and fun. Keeping you informed is one of our primary goals. You will receive frequent informative emails throughout the year. Notes and important updates are no longer printed and handed out to our students at the conclusion of class. They are emailed and posted to our website and social media. Please make sure you give us an email address that you check daily/frequently. It is your responsibility to check your emails on all dance days. Please make sure “firstname.lastname@example.org” is added to your contacts/allowed emails list.
If you have any questions regarding the information posted, we encourage you to contact the office at 954-753-5480. If you have any questions please check our website for the answers. If you cannot find the answer please contact the studio.
Use of FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, blogging, and other online social media is commonplace. This policy is intended to provide Mrs. P’s students, and parents with guidelines to eliminate any confusion concerning the use of social media.
- You do not have permission to reveal any information that compromises Mrs P’s. By that, we mean you are forbidden to share personal information about the director, other students or their families, or anything that is proprietary and/or confidential to them.
- Students and parents should neither claim nor imply that they are speaking on behalf of Mrs. P’s.
- Never post anything that could compromise the self-esteem of our students.
- Respect the law, including those laws governing defamation, discrimination, harassment, and copyright and fair use. Parents and students should never post negative comments about other schools or teachers. Also, please do not post negative comments about school activities such as competitions, conventions, and performances, or about the directors of those events.
- No student is allowed to “friend” any staff member’s personal page until after they graduate from high school.
- Students can contact staff members through the front desk staff.
- Social Media is a great outlet for supporting our studio so make sure to continually post photos and positive comment from all dance experiences.
- If you choose to post videos of routines, please only post clips of the routine. Do not post the routine in it’s entirety. This leaves us open to having our choreography stolen by competing studios.
#mrspdance #mrsp33065 #mrspsPACT #supportyourlocaldancestudio