Saturday, June 6 at 4:00 PM
Check In – Check in starts at 3PM! Please do not wait until 3:45 (or later, eep!) to show up.
The girls who go on in the first five routines are being lined up starting at 3:45PM and are sent backstage.
All students will be released at the end of the show from the stage
Rehearsal Went Well! That said, we do have a few important tidbits to address.
- Please make sure all of your dancers’ costumes, accessories, shoes, extra tights, extra hair bands, bobby pins, a brush, etc… are packed back up tonight in their appropriate bags. Often times costumes wind up in the wrong garment bags after rehearsal.
- Some dancers were missing shoes today! I know I just said it, but please make sure you send their dance shoes! This is the one item I tend to forget – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve turned around and gone back home to get shoes! I’ve learned my lesson and shoes go right into the garment bag with the costumes.
- Please send something to entertain your child when they aren’t being lined up or performing. We had a lot of unoccupied little ones today!
- Please send a jacket or a blanket! It’s chilly in the holding room!
- I’ve been asking for weeks. We do not have enough backstage help! Your child is potentially unsupervised and has no costume help in the big room. Specifically I Wanna Be Like You dancers needing a few extra hands, but we had girls today asking for help from other class moms. If you are available, ask me (Jennifer) tomorrow at check in for a name tag and stay and lend a hand! You will absolutely be able to watch your child when she is on stage. We just need you backstage when she’s in the holding room.
- Shirts! Shirts will be available during check in only tomorrow (they will not be offered during intermission or after the recital). Child sizes are $25, Adult sizes are $28. Cash (exact change) or Check only please.
- Flowers! If you pre-ordered flowers you will be able to pick them up before the show in the lobby.